Monday 16 February 2015

Not letting anything to spoil my mood

Someone asked me yesterday why I didn't write proper postings on the jailing of DS Anwar Ibrahim and the death of Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat.

Well, as for Anwar, I felt that the least said about him, the better.

Despite all the noises that his family and supporters are making, they can't seem to get the attention of the people.

It's nothing like the Reformasi days of the late 1990s.

On the night before the Federal Court sent him to jail for sodomy, Anwar's final round of roadshow to garner sympathy at Padang Timur PJ attracted less than a thousand people.

You need to be there to believe it.

I was there.

On the passing of Nik Aziz, I didn't want to write about it due to two reasons.

1. The man had passed away. A posting on it would had invited negative comments which I wouldn't like to publish.

2. I don't really know Nik Aziz. I only met and talked to him once. That's making me unqualified to write about him as if I really know him.

But if I had really wanted to write about Nik Aziz's death, I would probably had done it like blogger Jebat in his post,

Highly memorable quotes from Nik Aziz 

Well, never mind.

Anyway, I am back in Kluang now for the coming Chinese New Year.

Drove back from KL with my mother and one of my aunts yesterday.

My mind now is on the celebrations.

That's another reason why I don't want to spoil my mood by writing about Anwar and the late Pas spiritual leader.

Spent the whole day helping my grandmother cleaning the house.

Now tired and about to sleep.

I am in this room which used to be my mother's room when she was a young girl.

One of these days, maybe, I will write about her.

The story of my mother is actually very interesting.

I am quite confident it could be turned into a movie.

It got more drama than Anwar's story.

Well, she is in the kitchen now playing mahjong with my aunts.


I can hear the clicking of the mahjong tiles from inside this room.

Actually, my mother is a poor mahjong player.

She always lost a few hundred ringgit during CNY.

It's just for fun, she would said.

Gambling a bit at the mahjong table during CNY is a tradition in my mother's family.

My mother said playing mahjong is a way for her to bond with her family members.

8 comments:

  1. So annie together with ur chinese friends and commentators - Gong Xi Fa Cai.

    For the rest, until they become "tru malaysians" ( recognise the missing e ) then only we, the muslims will wish them.... he..he.. racist ? Ye, we are. So are they...

    Don't waste ur time on this reformasi. You've done well, you've lived well, what more do you want?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Yeah write about your dear Mom(!) adinda Ms Annie
    as we really couldn't care less about all the fart noises coming from the politicians because in reality except from the Supreme council, nobody can touch him.

    Diam diam ubi, this DS Mohd Najib.

    He gets my big big hug for his unconditional love for DS Rosmah
    ( after you of course )
    vs all the fitnah from sinning Sdr Zunar who really should get his inspiration from Allah SWT not laughs from another mans wife,


    Bahz bin Hakim RA narrated from his father, from his grandfather

    that Rosulu'llah SAW reminded :
    ( Book 10 Zuhd No 2315, hadith translated )
    " Woe to the one who talks about something to make the people laugh .. in which he lies. Woe to him! Woe to him! "

    -- Jami'at-Tirmidhi


    Haji M Zin
    Alor Gajah DPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam . Gong Xi Fa Chai to you and your family.Semuga bertambah kesejahteraan .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Chinese New Year to Annie and family ... may wisdom and compassion reign over your lives ahead

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-trUl6AVQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy CNY Annie
    Playing mahjong means bonding wif family members?
    I don't get it.There will be lots of cursing n losing money.
    So very noisy lah this mahjong playing.

    Wawa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ai yaaa !, itu majong eaa aa , Wa pon tatak sukak main lor rr , kalau menang manyak happy ,kalau kalah itu moods pon semua hilang maa aa.

    Happy Chinese new year ,Annie , wa aa sikalang itu limau manyak mahat lor rr .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought you were a Malay down and out woman living off your Chinese boyfriend. Anyway, Malay girls are gooooooood.

    ReplyDelete