Wednesday 11 February 2015

春联

As expected, most people are today still all hyped up over the jailing of DS Anwar Ibrahim for sodomy.

Myself can't really be bothered anymore.

I'm already getting tired reading all those Anwar stories.

My focus now is actually on the coming Chinese New Year celebrations next week.

Shopped for some CNY stuff today.

It's more fun than wallowing in the troubles of Anwar and his gang.

Malas nak layan puak-puak ni. Lagi dilayan lagi lah mengada-ngada.

I dropped by the Tropicana City Mall in PJ after work on my way home.

Had dinner at a noodle shop.

Simple wantan noodle with fish balls and apple juice drink. Not exactly cheap but it's manageable.

Then I walked around and bought stuff for CNY which my mother told me to get for the celebrations.

As usual, we will go back to our kampung in Kluang for the occasion.

Actually my mother had done most of the shopping. I was just getting things which she forgot to buy the other day.

The most important I needed to get was the Chunlian.

It's the CNY couplets, also known as rhyming couplets or spring couplets (It's the Chinese character title of this post).

The couplets expressed cheerful or inspiring thoughts for the new year.

It's to decorate the entrance of our house.

Something like this,


Found some young guys selling those beautifully written couplets at a booth.

I can never write the Chinese calligraphy as artfully as those guys.

Choose two of the middle sized ones for RM50.

The messages of the couplets which I bought were more for encouragement and blessings for my family.

It cheers me up being able to be the one to choose the couplets to be placed at the door of our kampung house for this new year celebrations.

I'm really looking forward to the CNY family gathering this time, especially with all  my cousins from Singapore coming back to Kluang too.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts :-)

3 comments:

  1. Siao-cheh, to complement your couplets:

    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order;
    to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order;
    to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and
    to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    - CONFUCIUS

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yw88_iB9uSo

    ReplyDelete
  2. u too cant resist mentioning about AI ya...:)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family, adinda Ms Annie
    and may your blog remain fresh and yourself strongly sustainable !


    Haji M Zin
    Alor Gajah DPG

    ReplyDelete