There is indeed a rebellion fomenting on the Barisan Nasional side of the fence.
It is of the low intensity type. It burns slow and steady.
I am of the opinion that the administration of DS Najib Razak must tackle this rebellion and prevent it from going full swing or suffer the consequences.
For an example, read through this posting by Syed Akbar Ali if you want to know what this rebellion is all about,
Apanama Makan Roti Teloq - Ampat Biji !!
Those were words of pro-establishment bloggers.
I am not so sure about the Apanama guy, but Syed Akbar is definitely rebelling and he is definitely not alone.
Najib's advisers may pooh poohed those words of the bloggers, but if they continue to ignore them, those words would spread and sooner or later will consume their boss.
I know that there are many other similarly unhappy BN supporters out there. There are actually thousands of them, if not tens of thousands.
They are fed-up and desperate for change.
They want a government which is more attentive to their needs, so they said.
As I had posted before, I don't think Najib is doing things to cause suffering among the rakyat.
Najib is not Marcos and his wife Rosmah is not Imelda. That is a fact, despite all the propaganda of the Pakatan people.
Najib is definitely not an evil man. In fact, I think that Najib have been trying his best as a Prime Minister.
But definitely something is wrong with what he did. The less than sterling results of GE13 is a testimony of the failure of strategy employed by the Najib's administration.
But, for me it is still okay, he can change the strategy to a better one. That was what I was hoping for him to do after the general election.
Unfortunately, so far, there have not been many changes.
This, I feel is the real reason for the unease and frustration among the BN supporters.
This unhappiness is definitely mounting.
There is no way Najib hasn't noticed this development even if his advisers had tried hard to lull him with feel good stories.
It is now for Najib to decide.
I confess that I am not an expert, but from my observation, these are things that I think Najib need to do IMMEDIATELY to quell the unfolding rebellion among BN supporters against his administration,
1. Get rid of the expensive but useless consultants.
2. Get rid of his aides who are of questionable characters and only interested in enriching themselves.
3. Appoint better advisers and formulate a better strategy to win back the people's support.
4. Clean up the GLCs off Pakatan people who are leaking sensitive information and bad mouthing the government.
5. Advise DS Rosmah Mansor to stay in the background and be less visible.
6. Immediately get down to work in preparing for GE14. Example, expedite the setting up of an effective BN's cyber war machinery to counter Pakatan's gains in cyberspace.
7. Revamp the Cabinet and dump all those deemed to be liabilities.
8. Clean up the Umno headquarters from dubious characters who are profiteering from their position of power there.
9. Put a stop to the excesses committed or allowed to be committed by State BN leaders.
10. Stop being too nice to those who are trying to destroy the establishment.
Those were just what I could think of. I am sure there were many more.
Hopefully Najib will do the right things.