Thursday 17 March 2022

Knowing my place in the world

A friend yesterday sent a message telling me to know my place in the world because of my not so nice opinion about what happened in Johor over these past few days.

He insisted that the appointment of the new Johor MB was good.

Well, I can actually argue on that but decided not to do so because he is a dear friend.

I hate quarrelling with a friend.

Also, I know who he is working for and therefore it would be a waste of my time and energy to try make him understand my point of view.

By the way, I actually know exactly my place in the world. 

I am not rich and have no important position.

Basically, I'm just a nobody....with not much to lose. 

Really, that's what I am.

Sorry to disappoint especially the loyal pro-Pakatan readers of this blog. I'm really not paid by Umno to write my nonsense.

As I wrote before, this blog is just a journal of my thoughts. It just so happened that I know a bit of politics, and that's what turned this blog into a political one.

Honestly, I don't even really care whether people read this blog. 

I have no desire to be either rich or famous and that's why I don't even have any active Facebook or Twitter account.

I'm also actually quite aware that I can't really write. My English is bad and Bahasa even worse.

Why would anyone want to pay me for by bad writings, right?

Ok, ok, I know, even the newly minted Johor MB had admitted in court that he once handled hundreds of thousands of ringgit to run a party propaganda portal. But really guys, I'm not like that at all.

I'm not even an Umno member, okay.

As for my writings about Johor politics, if you all go through the archive of this blog, you would probably realise that I actually criticised the BN state administration under Khaled Nordin more than I did against the two Pakatan MBs after him.

Honestly, Khaled was not worse as an MB if compared to the Pakatan guys but I criticised him more because I hold him at a higher level of expectation as he represented Umno.

I actually believe that Khaled would have been a much better MB if not for the interferences that he had to deal with throughout his unfortunate one term in Kota Iskandar.

As for the new MB, he will definitely have it worse. I'm quite sure of this.

At least Khaled was an Umno division chief and later on the party's state chief when he assumed the post, 

He even hold a federal ministerial post before that and therefore have quite some experience in managing an administration.

The current MB is none of that.

But then again I guess all he needs to do is just sit there in the office and do as he's told.

I heard the currently all powerful state secretary can handle everything for him.

As for the political side of things, I did ask my senior Johor Umno friends whether Hasni would be forced to also give his state Umno chief post to the upstart and they said that would be unthinkable.

They insisted that the guy needs to at least be a division chief first before thinking about becoming the state party chief.

Well, I think his uncle in Semberong can fix that one. 

I know one or two division chiefs who are aligned with him that could be persuaded to give up their posts for that purpose in exchange of maybe a candidacy for a parliamentary seat in GE15.

I know, this is all sounding very sordid, but that's how it is in politics.

Can't really blame them, actually. This involves power, money....lots of money and other more than just nice perks.

Sigh.

The price we rakyat have to pay for democracy....and in Johor, it's not even real democracy anymore. 

11 comments:

  1. "Kau jangan lupa helang dan pipit terbang tak sama tinggi.

    "Kau baik tahu tempat masing-masing dan angan-angan itu rendahkan sikit daripada rumput"

    In case tak faham bahasa 'not so kias', ni ada artikel dlm plain language:

    https://www.mole.my/know-your-place/

    I am already thinking the unthinkable.. it is time for us to consider a different system for our grandchildren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price one has to pay betting on the wrong horse. Btw, what you wrote above are the political shenanigans of umno, no? or some opposition party's doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, your blog allows us to air our (censured) views and vent a little. Your friend is deluded if he thinks these discussions do not happen, with stronger choice of words, in private platforms.

    Or perhaps your friend rather bury his head in the sand?

    I'm reading snippets about the umno pau. All I want to say is Mat Hassan should step up from being ketua kpg to pemimpin nasional. Be bold, take a stand on the kluster mahkahmah & lead from the front. Otherwise, as far as I am concerned, umno is not the party for me & my anak cucu, unless, by the grace of god, some other less tainted leader emerged.

    Yes, the thot of mat sabu as pm scares & embarass me but what is the point of having a polished but morally corrupt leader? Menang sorak kpg tergadai... At least with the opposition I can hope that younger more competent leaders will eventually take the reign maybe 10 yrs down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aisay Annie....u shd read the latest piece by Murray Hunter. He said the new MB was selected to checkmate UMNO s d palace saw the rise of the kleptocrats n feared for the country. They were providing d necessary check n balance. It's n interesting point of view...n food for thought. Oh! Annie forget abt d naysayers...continue writing. Pointless trying to pls everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we shd continue to strive for democracy no matter how others mock and censure democracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Honestly, I don't really care whether people read this blog"

    If you are truly honest, you wouldn't have wrote this. Neither would you have started this blog, or blog about this issue everyday for the last 4 days, which is unprecedented. You were on fire that your man was replaced unexpectedly to your dismay & you needed to let it out, and you needed affirmation from your readers' comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Annie, pls stop dwelling on this irrevocable matter any further. It may appear undemocractic but to some, it is totally a different story with aplenty excuses. Just pray that the person who has a powerful hand in this dramatic turn of event will live to rue the day and be answerable to all Bangsa Johor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do the 38 UMNO DUNS dare to propose UNDI TIDAK PERCAYA towards the new MB in the state DUN later?

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Well, I think his uncle in Semberong can fix that one."

    You mean his relative in Pekan? (YES, they are related.)

    "A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigator told the ongoing bribery trial of ex-banker Roger Ng that former prime minister Najib Razak stole US$756 million (about RM3.2 billion) of the total US$6.5 billion raised in the bond offerings arranged by Goldman Sachs.

    Eric Van Dorn also named several other individuals who received the money, including fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho who took US$1.42 billion; Khadem al-Qubaisi, the former managing director of Abu Dhabi’s International Petroleum Investment Company who got US$472.8 million; former Goldman Sachs banker Tim Leissner (US$73.4 million) and Najib’s stepson Riza Aziz (US$238 million)."

    Explains a lot.

    Hope everyone makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

    Only we lose.

    They never do.



    ReplyDelete
  10. https://bebasnews.my/2022/03/17/pelantikan-menteri-besar-budi-bicara-bukan-sesuka-hati/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. annine
      what will happen if wak java, jibby and gang
      retuyrned as PieM and cabinets.
      will Malaya be Zimbawee2.
      surely samurai bonds and panda bonds bearer will be cautious. without which may defaults
      jibby is expert in "gali lubang baru cover lubang lama"

      i sugest under endroled SJK(C) di kwasan luar bandar converted to course Latih jadi pengurus rumah profesional since SJK(C) drop out high demand down south.

      https://www.bharian.com.my/wanita/lain-lain/2022/03/934185/latih-wanita-tempatan-jadi-

      pengurus-rumah-profesional

      Delete