Thank you for the alert, commenter
I view this as a repeat of what they did to Mukhriz's father, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad during the troubles with cronies of then PM Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi pre-2008.
They never learned, it seems.
Kebuloq jawatan MB sangat puok-puok nih.
Nama Johari Baharom pun kluor jugak....sheeesh.
If this is the way Umno people behave, now I'm really convinced that what Dr Mahathir said about the likelihood of BN losing the next general election is more real than ever.
Mukhriz is actually the only real Umno's bright star during the 13th general election (GE13).
He led his team to wrest Kedah back from Pas.
You don't believe me?
Let's go state by state, okay:
1. Perlis : I can't even remember the MB's name. Perlis Umno still rely on personality such DS Shahidan Kassim, okay.
2. Penang : DAP's country. Umno shouldn't even dream the state will come back to BN in 10....no 20 years....or more.
3. Perak : A 50:50 state. MB Zambry only managed to maintain the status quo of post 2008. If more urban Malays desert Umno, I think Perak will fall back to Pakatan.
4. Selangor : Noh Omar as Selangor MB after GE14.....kah kah kah kah. No need to eleborate, okay.
5. Negeri Sembilan : Another 50:50 state. MB Mat Hassan may be able to pull off some more miracles, but for how long?
6. Malacca : CM Idris is not even close compared to Ali Rustam. And the guy is not handsome at all, okay. I don't think things in Malacca will improve for Umno come GE14.
7. Johor: Former MB Ghani Othman was told to kamikaze in Gelang Patah yet still managed to retain 83 per cent Malays' support in Johor amidst the Chinese tsunami. Current MB Khaled however does not even have 20 per cent of Ghani's calibre. The rest you can read in my past postings on Johor.
8. Pahang: The aging MB Adnan Yaakob is on his last lap. The knives were out and ready. The jockeying for his post will be intense. It will take quite a while for things to settle down for Umno in the state after that.
9. Terengganu : It's actually a 50:50 state. Errr....sorry I forgot the name of the new MB....too lazy to check. What has the guy done so far arrr....the most spectacular thing coming out of the state was about girls in tudung can kena tangkap if they wear their blouse and pants too tight...something like that.
10. Kelantan : Errr....Umno can forget it lah ya. Sorry Tok Pa.
11. Sarawak: No Umno here. The Sarawak parties may pull out of BN if Umno leaders try to be funny with them.
12. Sabah : Okay, perhaps the most solid under CM Musa Aman. Still, Umno and its BN allies did not do spectacularly in the State during GE13. Just normal.
13. Federal Territories : Led by Ku Nan. Should I elaborate? No need lah ya.
Okay, if they throw out Mukhriz, I can guarantee that Umno/BN will not only lose Kedah but a lot lot more.
Malays don't like to see people victimizing someone. Especially if the victim is someone as sweet and cute as Mukhriz.
Sympathy for Mukhriz will swell into a tidal wave.
They punished Pak Lah before, this time they will punish PM DS Najib Razak if he listens to those crooks in Kedah.