Wednesday 22 July 2015

The most tiring fight

Honestly I'm tired of this Najib-Dr Mahathir War.

It's draining for people like me.

I love Dr Mahathir but I don't hate Najib.

I don't believe Dr Mahathir is attacking Najib because he has a personal agenda other than that he wanted Malaysia to be safe.

However, I don't believe Najib stole the billions of ringgit either.

See...I'm split in the middle.

It's not about being spineless. I gain nothing either way the fight goes.

I'm just not sure who is right and who is wrong.

Both sides were not convincing enough for me.

Really.

I got friends and I also got people who treated me with disdain on both sides.

So, it's really difficult.

Okay, I don't like more people on Najib side than those on Dr Mahathir's side, but that was not good enough a reason for me to condemn the PM.

I have to be very sure before I condemn someone.

Otherwise my conscience won't be clear.

The only thing I'm really sure at the moment is that I don't want anyone to attack Dr Mahathir.

I love the old man for being cute and what he did for the country. However I'm not really his true blue die hard fan.

I never get invitations to his private buka puasa or Hari Raya functions.

Still, I can't stand without doing anything when the attack dogs started to bark and tried to bite him.

Dr Mahathir may not exactly be an angel but I think it's still wrong for them to try to destroy the 90-year-old man and deny his great contributions to this country.

Right or wrong, I have to defend him on that count.

Now it looks like the fight is going to the next level with allegations of conspiracy to destroy the country and such being bandied on these and that people.

Well, I'm bracing for a crackdown if any and the fall out later on.

I'm worried about the future of this country. That I cannot deny.

I hope Najib doesn't have to resort to such drastic measures.

He is after all among the last of Umno moderate leaders who were mostly decimated by the Chinese tsunami of 2013.

Hopefully he continues being so and be more clever to do the right thing.

Okay...just wanted to get all that out of my chest.

Now a little music for the night....


(Note: That is my friend Ai's favorite song. In case blogger shuzheng is reading this, the posting by Ai which he referred to in his A Room of One’s Own is this, Year One. Ai posted it a few hours before Sept 20, 2012 which was the first anniversary of the BIGCAT blog. She didn't make up the story and that picture of the mattress on the floor where she slept is really in her room at that time. I have been in that room.)

17 comments:

  1. Annie, dah cemuih ulas panjang-panjang.

    Kita cuma nak Najib jawab tanpa belit. Yes or No

    ReplyDelete
  2. Najib may not take the money. But he is still accountable for 1mdb irresposible borrowings. He must resign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betul tu sharul, lepas duit tu masuk dalam akaun ah jib, dia pi sedekah kat mak ngan pak hang pula, pi check akaun mereka, hang dah jadi anak billionaire doh!

      Delete
  3. RE: "Dr Mahathir may not exactly be an angel but I think it's still wrong for them to try to destroy the 90-year-old man and deny his great contributions to this country."

    May Allah protect and bless Tun Dr. Mahathir, the builder of our nation.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQGBbLBShzk&list=RDEQGBbLBShzk#t=10

    ReplyDelete
  4. "However, I don't believe Najib stole the billions of ringgit either."

    why not?

    :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. again.. kenapa tatak mau pecaya..
      kalau taruh nama orang lain.. duit moleh ilang maaa

      Delete
  5. Open yr eyes whether it s u or all the other bloggers, ther s no siding anyone,like it or not there s so much discrepancies in the 1MDB fiasco,and Najib is responsible.One or two mistakes can be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, wake up. Najib did not deny. 1MDB did not deny. Even mpkotabelud did not deny on behalf. So wake up from denial mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Paktam,

      Wake up, wake up Annie.

      Sometime it is difficult to handle the truth but we must stick on facts.

      Tun M had put a lot of details and facts on his blog entries.

      There is a difference in what we believe and what we want to believe.



      Delete

  7. Annie ,
    re ,I an tired of this ,Najib - Dr Mahathir war.

    Go to sleep then , there's no war ,it's just a question to answer that the rakyat are concern with.
    Like the theory of conspiracy by the Najib blind supporters ,there's no war either .
    Tiredness can result to wilds imagination .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tired of trying to explain this to my kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is not a war between Najib and Tun M, more like a battle between right minded Malaysians and a corrupt PM. 1MDB scandal is the end of Najib. If he doesn't step down, it will be the end of BN as we know it. While rakyat is suffering due to higher cost of living, the way Najib spent rakyat's money is just not acceptable.

    *BN Voter PRU13*

    ReplyDelete
  10. "He is after all among the last of Umno moderate leaders who were mostly decimated by the Chinese tsunami of 2013."

    Annie wake up and smell the roses, it was not just the Chinese who did not vote for BN. Many Malays, Indians and Others (mainly in the urban areas) also voted for the opposition.

    Now even those Urbanites who voted for BN are sick of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm...annie....you still say it is a fight between tun n najib.....let us remind you . ..it is rakyat vs najib ok...tun is just helping the rakyat...

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you don't believe Najib stole the billions of ringgit, then why didn't he outrightly deny WSJ's accusation of stealing rm2.6 billion? Annie, are you dumb or choose to be one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pua hasn't outrightly denied he never meets Justo! Why?

      Delete
  13. Pua has at a press conference yesterday outrightly denied meeting Justo.

    ReplyDelete