Now that Kelantan had unanimously decided that it wants hudud, these are 10 things I think going to happen :
1. All Muslim MPs across the political divide will say "aye" once the private member bills were tabled at Dewan Rakyat, giving Kelantan the green light to enforce the Islamic criminal law.
2. Pakatan will break up. Pas to go its own way. PKR dies a natural death. DAP banking on the support of Chinese community as lifeline. MCA and other Chinese-based parties likely to join them in a coalition.
3. Other states with distinct Malay Muslims majority will follow in Kelantan's footsteps. First to do so is likely Terengganu, followed by Kedah, Pahang, Perlis, etc.
4. Umno will add the word "Islam" in its name to out-Islam Pas. The hardliners will take full control of the party. No more moderate Malay Muslims. PM DS Najib Razak, being a moderate will be ousted.
5. The next general election will be contested by DAP, leading the non-Muslim parties on one side against a loose cooperation of Muslim-based parties led by Umno and Pas.
6. The Muslim-based parties will combine forces to win the general election by a two third majority, not only in parliament but most state assemblies.
7. Constitutional amendments will be initiated to implement hudud nationwide. Enforcement of the law will be universal for Muslims and non-Muslims.
8. Malaysia becomes a full-fledge Islamic country.
9. Most non-Muslims who can afford it will opt to migrate to other countries.
10. Malaysia becomes Malaystan.
Yup, that's what I think will happen.
So, how? Nice prediction or not?
Whatever it is, I hope our country will not end up like Afghanistan.