Thursday 7 July 2016

BerRaya, time for forgiveness

Spent the first day of Raya yesterday at one of my father's family houses in Klang and that of his eldest brother's in Denai Alam.

Consumed quite a lot of lontong, rendang and lodeh.

There's also the ketupat plastic ones but I avoided that.

Miss the ones wrapped in weaved coconut leaves.


They taste different, okay.

Spent the morning at the house in Klang,

The best thing was that no one who came to berRaya there talked about politics.

 Had a long chat with an uncle who works as a security personnel at UiTM Shah Alam.

He was a bit worried because his contract will expire next year and there were talks that it will not be renewed.

"They just want to get rid of us and use those from private security company.

"Maybe some well-connected people with  friends inside there had been lobbying to get the contract.

"And the easiest way is to get rid of us," he said.

The uncle used to be in the army and at one time served in one of those United Nations peacekeeping mission in a war-torn country.

Such was the worries of an ordinary guy.

To provide for family and fulfill responsibilities.

Nobody talked about Najib, Muhyiddin, Mahathir, Guan Eng or even 1MDB....at least not to me.

However, at Denai Alam later in the afternoon, there was a bit of debate on such things between my Pak Long and youngest aunt.

My Pak Long is a former staunch Pas supporter who is now a staunch Amanah supporter. My aunt is a staunch non-member Umno supporter.

Pak Long was questioning Najib's innocence in the 1MDB thing while my aunt was defending the PM, his wife, children etc.

I can't help but to overhear their exchanges but tried not to listen too much.

It's Raya, okay. Time for peace.

So, I don't know who won.

Well, at least before I left the place, the duo had became okay again.

Alhamdulillah.

At least they are better than some other people who choose to become enemies for life just because of politics.

Really stupid that one.

I placed a lot of blame over that on people who peddle hate and enmity among us.

Either you are with us or against us.

Take no prisoners.

No retreat no surrender.

And other garbage like that.

I know la they need to earn a living and selling hate is the only talent they have, but don't be too much, okay.

I hope we can keep that in mind when we remember our friends who are now our enemies.

Berpada-pada lah, ya.

Hari Raya is a time for forgiveness....let's try to find that in our heart.

Okay, need to get ready for beRaya  today.

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. Annie,

    Thanks for sharing your Raya stories.

    A non-Malay non-Muslim like me doesn't always get to look inside a Melayu family during Raya time.

    Don't get me wrong, I am gonna go catch up with my friend, Salleh, in a couple of weeks. He has been ringing me asking me where I am and why I am not visiting him for Raya.

    Thankfully, Salleh understands that I can't make it immediately but he is happy that I will be visiting his house first before anybody else's house.

    MY next stop for Raya visits after Salleh will be either in Tropicana Golf and Country or Bukit Jalil, dunno yet. Depends on which UMNO bigwig the host can produce for me to interrogate. Heheheheh!!!

    BTW, Salleh is a PKR guy. And unfortunately, no, Azmin Ali will not be there at his place for me to interrogate.

    Looking forward to eating myself silly at every visit though.

    Never mind! The things I do for a happy and peaceful Hari Raya for everybody :)

    Gladiator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Return to your heart, cari lah Kekasih Sejati Maha Sempurna
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yi5CLfDri8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selamat Hari Raya, Annie.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Yes other than forgiveness, Lil sis Ms Annie
    after successful completion of fasting we are asked to glorify Him during Raya
    ( al-Quran, 2:185)

    Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar!

    M Zin
    Alor Gajah DPH

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hali Laya ,mesti manyak maaf maafan maa aa .tapi itu utang mesti mau bayar lea aa .

    Selamat Hali Laya .

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is Umno and the Malays going to realize that the fatso H---- A-- is propping her blog with the help of RBAs. She has never been targeted seriously by DAPigs, who will sue your ass off at the drop of a needle. She has been rehashing the same story for years... and they let her get away all the time... must be some kind of miracle.

    Selamat Hali Laya to all

    ReplyDelete