Monday 26 June 2017

Raya updates

This is the first Raya that I didn't receive a single greeting card.


Guess it's really out of fashion now.

Received a single SMS from a former senior colleague from my previous work place.

Well, that's out of fashion too.

I also only got two phone calls wishing me Selamat Hari Raya.

One is from that rich Chinese guy who sponsored my current medical treatment and the other from my Chinese friend whom I previously wrote as being friendly with Pekida and Tiga Line gangs.

Received plenty of Hari Raya Wassap messages though.

Mostly from friends and former colleagues, which was very nice.

Yup, Wassap seems to be the most preferred choice to wish Selamat Hari Raya these days.

It's easy and free.

A bit impersonal but that's the way it is nowadays.

Well, I'm okay with that.

I didn't go anywhere to celebrate Raya yesterday.

Still not well enough to visit relatives as I had planned.

It's actually quite tedious to do that in my current condition.

I also did't eat much of the rendang, ketupat and kueh Raya.

Guess, I'm still in puasa mood.

Received a message this morning from my mother who is elsewhere which cheers me up quite a bit.

So today, I'm toughening up myself to go with my father to visit his sisters.

Just that because I still don't really have the strength to do more.

Well, that's about it.

Getting up to go now.

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Jika kita menerima pesanan dan ucapan yang ditulis dan disusun sendiri, lebih bermakna dan dekat di hati..

    Kebanyakan copy paste forward.. Tak tahulah setunggi mana ingatan dan keikhlasan mereka...

    Bila nak buat open house untuk tingkatkan populariti dan sokongan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie,

    //Wassap seems to be the most preferred choice//

    As you said, it is easy, it's free AND it is fast.

    So, one's obligations, as far as greetings are concerned, are quickly out of the way.

    Gladiator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selamat Hari Raya Annie,
    Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

    >james bond

    ReplyDelete