Almost everyone I know was caught off guard by DS Hishammuddin Hussein's appointment as Special Functions Minister yesterday.
All they could do was to speculate about it.
No one I know could say for sure what's really happening.
Maybe today there will be some proper explaination, but I don't think that would be enough to quell the rumours.
People nowadays simply refuse to believe in political announcements.
They always want to know what they believe was the real story behind such announcements.
Honestly, I'm also not sure what's happening.
And as the others, all I can do is to speculate.
I don't really like doing that but it's all I could offer a friend who asked my opinion about it yesterday evening.
These are what I told my friend,
- PM DS Najib Razak is promoting Hishammuddin ahead of his deputy DS Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
- Hishammuddin will play a more important role in his new capacity than Zahid in preparations for the next general election.
- General election is very near. Maybe between September and December.
- Hishammuddin will be Najib's successor...maybe later, if not now.
- Najib must had felt that Hishammuddin is a better bet for him than Zahid.
- Definitely not a very good news for Zahid's camp.
- Zahid will not protest this move. He can't, even if he wants to because he simply doesn't have the capacity. He's outgunned.
Then again, I'm merely speculating.
Told my friend, who is a hardcore Umno member that it's just coffee shop talk.
I really got no special interest in it.
I don't mind both guys. Doesn't matter to me who between Zahid and Hishammuddin will be on top,
It's not going to change my life, anyway.
Well, that's about it.
Getting up for work.
Have a good day.