Got a call from a friend who is with the PMO yesterday morning.
The guy was asking me what the hell was this last posting of mine was all about,
Me : I'm not really sure la Datuk. I just picked up what RPK had written.
PMO friend : Hey, that FD Iskandar guy is not as bad as what RPK wrote about him. Why did RPK write all that nonsense about him? Come on. Tell me what you know.
Me. Really. I don't exactly know what it was all about. You are in PMO Datuk. You should know.better than me.
PMO friend : Don't irritate me by saying that. Tell me what you know.
So, I apologised to my friend for irritating him and told him what I think it was all about.
Of course, I first cautioned him that it was just my personal theory based on what I heard from other people.
1. Media Prima is in difficulties. TV ratings are down, newspapers circulation very bad. All likely due to serious credibility issues, and of course competition from new technologies - the smartphone era where news are at the fingertips.
2. FD Iskandar as group chairman felt he needs to do something to arrest the decline. The first sensible thing that he could think of was to change the way things were being done and this requires the change of people in charge of the TV stations and newspapers.
3. FD Iskandar's initial moves to initiate the change sparked the war. He is encroaching into other people's territory.
4. Those he intended to replace to enable the change are serving the interests of someone else who acts all these while as their "controller". This is the person everyone said to be Habibur Rahman. I'm not even sure what he looks like but I was told that he is close to PM DS Najib Razak.
5. So the fight back begins.
6. RPK as everyone can see is siding with those fighting against FD Iskandar. Thus those angry articles about the Media Prima chairman posted at his website.
7. I think the outcome of this fight will determine how BN will conduct its defense for the next general election.
8. I believe that if FD Iskandar wins, BN campaign method will be more refined and subtle than what it is now. Definitely no more interviews with Tunku Aziz on Buletin Utama.
Well, again, that's just my theory.
Another friend later in the night asked me who did I think will win the fight.
I said FD Iskandar was likely to lose if it is true that he is up against Habibur Rahman because everyone said that Habibur is very close to the PM.
"Not necessarily," said my friend. "FD Iskandar can still win because he has a trump card".
My friend, who is quite in the know about all these things told me what is the FD Iskandar's trump card and I believe him.
It's a powerful trump card indeed. Almost as powerful as Donald Trump :)
Nonetheless. I'm not going to tell you all what it is as I don't want to spoil the suspense for those who are interested in this fight :)
Let them find out about it themselves and get shocked.
Still, I think this is going to be quite a balanced fight. Can go either way,
Well guys, relax, okay. This is Saturday.
I need to get ready to go out now.
A cousin is getting engaged today. Ceremony in Putrajaya. Going there.