Saturday 30 April 2016

BlackGold and a bit on Mus

I was doing some research on Petronas' LNG project in Canada yesterday when I came across this new blog,

BlackGold


It's quite good.

The blogger is apparently quite pro-Petronas.

Well, I consider myself pro-Petronas too.

Better than being pro-Najib or pro-Mahathir, I think.

More peaceful.

Surprisingly, my blog is in its blogroll.

So, I decided to include it into mine.

Hopefully, with some extra traffic, the blogger will be encouraged to continue writing.

We need more of such informative blogs, instead of the nonsensical political hate-mongering type.

Meanwhile, someone told me that New Straits Times group editor Mustapha Kamil Mohd Janor has resigned from his post a few days ago.


I was quite surprised.

I was told that his last day at NST will be around end of May.

Mus seemed strong and healthy the last time I saw him.

I don't see  any reason for him to resign.

I can't remember any NST group editor who actually resigned from the post.

It was rumored that those who are to be appointed to the post must be approved by the Prime Minister himself.

Furthermore, Mus was just appointed to the post last year and it made quite a bit of news,

Mustapha Kamil named as Group Editor


Still, so far there's no official confirmation yet.

I know Mus as a superb business writer.

A calm and cool fella.

He has a blog but has not been updating it for awhile,

The Back Roads


I like his blog quite a lot.

It's nice.

Well, in case it's true that Mus is leaving NST, I hope he can continue to write or maybe revive his blog.

All the best Mus.

9 comments:


  1. re It was rumored that those who are appointed to the post must be approved by the Prime Minister himself .

    This is a case of ,if you are not with me ,you are against me . Everybody must show their love to PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “The universe is a complete unique entity. Everything and everyone is bound together with some invisible strings. Do not break anyone’s heart; do not look down on weaker than you. One’s sorrow at the other side of the world can make the entire world suffer; one’s happiness can make the entire world smile."
      - Shams Tabrizi, beloved guru of Rumi.

      Delete
  2. Black gold could just as weĺl be a life slowly engulfed by a mind that could not settle down.
    A sad honest sharing by a son.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/family-friends/book-extract-farewell-to-the-father-by-tim-elliot/news-story/b361b21aa61ba840702a21b90f9786bc

    ReplyDelete
  3. A man not to be smothered. Salute!
    http://www.whatsonweibo.com/runaway-groom-man-hides-year-family-forces-marry/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hotel for transit. Last contribution for today on the many facades of real life.
    http://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/lifestyle/japans-corpse-hotels-upset-some-of-the-neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't resist this. The world has first class problem. Lesson learned: Learn how to sue. Real proper!
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/79497716/Starbucks-sued-for-7-15-million-over-too-much-ice

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Canada to Malaysia: Treasure the land you love .....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnU8V7gsjok

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was having a boring morning until I scrolled the blogs' headlines and saw our dear old Ah So's latest diatribe about there's "nothing more ugly and vicious" than DAP.

    Oh, I almost split my sides, tears streaming down my face as I said to myself, "dear Ah So, haven't you looked in a mirror lately?"

    Dear old thing, so full of joy and goodwill to everyone.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tebing Tinggi XVII2 May 2016 at 13:30

      A one-trick pony?

      The latest opine is on "making Sarawak beautiful again".

      Why? Wasn't Sarawak beautiful enough to start with?

      Like in the days of British North Borneo?

      Delete