So much hue and cry.
Poor boy had to defend himself and the car.
These were his defense,
1. The Mercedes was purchased after a state executive council meeting, that took into account safety and security of state leaders.
2. The car was worth the money for long-term purchase.
3. It belongs to the state and will likely serve the next chief minister.
4. A Mercedes' maintenance in the long run was better than a Proton.
5. It was exempted from tax and was given a special discount.6. The state executive councillors had initially wanted to replace their old Proton Perdanas with Mercedes cars instead of Toyota Camrys.
You can read the report here,